Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mmmmm...salmon


In my house I make baked ziti with homemade sauce and organic whole milk ricotta, kids don't eat. However, we all love salmon and I think this is the best recipe I have made with that o-so-healthy fish. I grilled most of the meal. I like to boil cubed potatoes for 5 minutes or so, then throw them in a foil packet with butter, fresh rosemary, sea salt and garlic powder and cook them until they are slightly charred. Yum! I put the salmon on a throwaway baking sheet, sprinkled it with a McCormack's seasoning something to the tune of lemon garlic? Anyway, it's by the Montreal seasoning. I grilled it for about, and I use that loosely, 15 mins. I topped it off with Greek yogurt mixed with fresh dill, a sprinkle of lemon juice and garlic powder. I nuked some frozen veggies on the side, too. It was great being able to use the herbs from my garden. I can't wait to use the vegetables now!

No comments:

Post a Comment